Joel S. Thomsen
President & Chief Investment Officer
Mr. Thomsen has served as President of the Trust since 2020 and has served as the Trust’s Chief Investment Officer since 2021. Mr. Thomsen has several years of experience in finance, accounting and strategic leadership that benefits the Trust.
- President & Chief Investment Officer – Sterling Office and Industrial Trust, Sterling Multifamily Trust
- Chief Executive Officer – Sterling Management, LLC
- Chief Investment Officer – Sterling Management, LLC
- Chief Executive Officer – GOLDMARK Property Management, Inc.
- Governor – Sterling Management, LLC
- Founder and CEO – Black Arbor Group
- Managing Director – Bell Wealth Management
- Equity partner – Eide Bailly LLP, Fargo
Education and Designations
- Bachelor of Accountancy from the University of North Dakota
- Certified Public Accountant in Minnesota and North Dakota
- Certified Financial Examiner
- Accredited Reinsurance Administration
- Registered representative of Gardner Financial Services, Inc.
- Real estate agent in North Dakota
- Holds 7/66 securities licenses